BUILDING FOUNDATIONS FOR YOUTH.
Living Rock Ministries - 30 Wilson Street - Hamilton, ON - L8R 1C5 - (905) 528-ROCK
© Copyright 2010 Living Rock Ministries
72 Hours for Life
Dates: September 7 - 10, 2013
1) To facilitate a youth-focused suicide prevention event, leading up to World Suicide Prevention Day on September 10th. To “reach out in the cultural language of youth” with a suicide prevention opportunity for youth-at-risk (13 to 25) and youth workers/helpers.
2) Learn the skills to identify risks of suicide.
3) Build awareness of suicide prevention strategies and resources.
4) Learn about being a support and action strategies.
5) To raise funds to sponsor Live Bravely and to sponsor ASIST Training on Suicide Prevention for youth.
Why 72 Hours for Life? It represents a reclaiming of “Suicide Watch” (72 hours) Reflection and awareness related to coping and wellness, knowing the signs and symptoms and effectively supporting youth. 72 hours of “reflection and training” leading up to World Suicide Prevention Day on September 10th.
Themes over 3 days will be related back to Live Bravely* themes of:
1) The courage to Live
2) The courage to seek help
3) The courage to help others
4) The courage to remember the good things about the person we have lost.
*Live Bravely is a business developed by Mike Lardie (Mike is ASIST trained.)
To see the video of messages of the 72 Hour for Life Project CLICK HERE
Find 72 Hours for Life