There are many kinds of "donations"...
There are donations of time, money, and other resources.
Without volunteers, for example, the Living Rock wouldn't have enough staffing to stay open.
Without funds from our supporters, we could not afford to run a building for the youth to come to.
Without sponsors to fund our programs, we would not be able to sustain the meal and work programs that at-risk youth are so desperately in need of.
We also find great use for the "other resources" that come from those who partner with us. Whether it's someone spending their birthday money once a year to bring food to those who don't have enough or a volunteer who regularly brings us clothing donations from those they know it is our policy to accept all donations.
It sometimes happens though, that we can't use the donations that we receive.
This has happened often enough that we came up with some guidelines to help you decide if we would be able to find a home for your potential donation.
As an example, due to limited space, we usually redirect furniture donations to ACCP [Adolescent Community Care Program] who is one of the many partners we have here at Living Rock.
Guidelines for Clothing Donations to the Living Rock
The clientele who use the services of Living Rock are between the ages of 13 and 25 and many have infants and young children. It is important that we help these youth-at-risk maintain their sense of dignity and self-worth by donating clothing for them that does not make them stand out as poor or otherwise disadvantaged in public and in the presence of their peers.
To this end, we would appreciate your loving cooperation with the following guidelines when you are donating clothing to the Living Rock:
- We have limited storage for donated items so we would appreciate receiving clothing that is seasonally appropriate at the time of donation.
- Clothing should be youth appropriate and reasonably in style.
- We have clientele from many different cultures so clothing appropriate to various cultures is appreciated.
- All clothing must be clean, not torn or stained and only gently used.
- We are always in need of gym clothes, swimwear, towels, baby clothes and shoes for both adult genders, babies and young children.
We sincerely appreciate your continued support of Living Rock Ministries.