Founded in 1985, Living Rock Ministries is a non-profit, Christian outreach. We offer youth-at-risk a place of belonging, safety, and a bridge to the community, while supporting youth to develop a personal vision for their lives.
In pursuit of our mission, we will strive to:
- Alleviate the effects of poverty among youth-at-risk and their children
- Commit ourselves to serving youth, each other and Living Rock consistently and with compassion while:
- Offering unconditional love
- Supporting youth where they are at
- Advocating for those who cannot
- Minister to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of youth within the guidelines of the of Living Rock
- Be an example by living out our faith through our actions
- Offer the message of Christ in the cultural language of youth
- Acknowledge that Living Rock operates in a diverse community which includes everyone and excludes no-one
- Be connected to the multi-cultural community in support of youth
- Promote and respect integrity, honesty and accountability
- We believe we can accomplish this through:
- Building and restoring relationships
- Responding to individual needs
- Being culturally relevant
- Commitment to on-going learning
- Offering Ministry training
- Building community partnerships
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, that He was crucified for the atonement of sin, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We are committed to being a daily witness to the life changing power of Jesus Christ as He reigns as Lord of our lives.
- We believe in the Bible as the inspired Word of God, the infallible and authoritative source of Christian doctrine.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the only hope for the redemption of man is to trust in Jesus Christ, the Virgin born Son of God, who died to take upon Himself punishment for the sin of mankind. After receiving Jesus, man is redeemed through the shed blood of Jesus.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers and fellowship for spiritual health, accountability and growth.
- We believe in the equality of all human beings regardless of culture, race, age, gender or financial status.
- We believe that man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever, therefore, praise through the arts is an integral Christian response.
- We believe in seeking out the lost and communicating the Gospel in the cultural language of the hearer, through drama, music and meeting practical and physical needs.